The Dog Hut
Our Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions
1. Descriptions shown in any brochures, website representation, and advertisements are correct at the time of going to press, or when generated, errors and omissions excepted. They are liable to alteration at any time without notice.
2. Fees may be altered without notice. Prices will be those ruling at the date of the appointment. Any invoice or pricing query should be made in writing within ten days of the date of the invoice or service provided. There is no charge for VAT. Quotations and estimates if required remain current for two weeks from the date generated, but cannot be held if there is considered a significant change to the pet's condition.
3. All payments should be made on the date of consultation or service provided. Any invoice not paid in full by the due date shall attract interest payments. These will accrue from the due date at the rate of 5% per calendar month unless any other arrangement has been made in writing by Sara Hart. Should there need to be any action required to recover payments due, all expenses incurred will be charged to the client and added to the outstanding balance.
4. Any cancellation for an appointment must be made within 48 hours, if there is a late cancellation then either a full fee or portion fee may be charged.
5. There is no liability for the loss or failure of delivery of any fax, text, answerphone recording, or email transmission. The Dog Hut operates within a Green Policy, therefore email or text is the preferred communication process.
6. Additional equipment, goods, products, or supplements may be recommended as an addition to suggested treatment protocols, these are to be clearly explained and subject to additional fees above the consultation or grooming fee. The provision for the supply of supplements is such as not to exploit the client for any personal commercial gain.
7. There is no liability for delay in dispatch or delivery of any products or supplements.
8. No liability is accepted for any consequential loss or damage of personal items when in The Dog Hut premises, whatsoever, and however, caused.
13. In some circumstances The Dog Hut may need to cancel an appointment without notice or compensation (sufficient notice will normally be given to avoid disruption).
15. Until they are paid for, The Dog Hut reserve the title of any goods supplied.
16. All consultation fees or services provided are subject to these terms and conditions. The final cost of consultation or groom may be subject to fluctuation if there is an excessive amount of client time requested, the pet's coat condition warrants additional work or the pet's behaviour requires additional time, or a handler is needed to complete the groom or there is anything untoward that is not as normally expected. If any groom is more complex than first diagnosed additional consultations or grooming services may be required and an additional fee will need to be agreed upon.
17. There are no promises, guarantees, or liabilities accepted for the level of success of any groom where the pet's behaviour or coat condition leads to difficulties for the grooming team in any way whatsoever.
18. There are no liabilities accepted where the client fails to implement the suggested grooming procedures at home or fails to discuss any issues of concern regarding the groom within one week of the service provided.
20. Refunds are not available unless due to exceptional circumstances and at the discretion of the financial manager.
21. Safety during any pet grooming service is the responsibility of both The Dog Hut and the owners when there is deemed to be a failure of the owner's equipment, or lack of disclosure about the pet in any way whatsoever.
Our Privacy Statement
Our Privacy Statement
The Dog Hut treats the privacy of their clients seriously and takes appropriate security measures to safeguard, protect and manage any personal data provided by clients.
Personal Data Statement
Your personal data will be used specifically to analyse and evaluate your needs and to plan the most appropriate service for your pet. This is carried out with professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (UKGDPR)* We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage. *The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ico.org.uk may be contacted should you wish further information on the legal requirements of us protecting your data.
We respect your privacy and adhere to strict regulatory requirements.
We do not sell your personal data to any 3rd party.
The General Data Protection Regulation - UKGDPR (May 2018) recognises there is a need to protect and to give the user greater control over personal data.
Your rights regarding personal data include:
The Right to be Informed:
Why we collect your information and how we use it. Right of subject access: You can request personal data held by The Dog Hut.
Right to rectification: You can have any incomplete personal data completed, but please note that if any information is factually wrong then changing records of a person may be considered falsification.
Right to erasure: You have the right to obtain from The Dog Hut any personal data if you have withdrawn from further services.
Right to restrict processing: You can obtain your retained data from The Dog Hut in the following circumstances:
The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you and will be restricted until the accuracy of the data has been verified.
The Dog Hut no longer have a need for your personal data but you require the information for any legal proceedings.
Right to data portability: You will be able to receive your personal data in a commonly used format and have the right to transmit this data to another.
Right to object: The Dog Hut should not have cause to process personal data.
Rights in relation to automated decision making: The Dog Hut does not carry out automated processing with client information.
If you have any concerns about our services or data storage then please do get in touch.